Todays post will be short and sweet because I don’t have the full study (they cost money… a lot) and because I need to go to costco and then study.
Todays research paper:
What did they do:
- They asked some patients to either sleep 4.5 hours or 8.5 hours per night for 4 days
- Then they took some of their fat cells and measured the amount of insulin it took to Saturate the cells receptors to a certain degree
- They also used an intravenous glucose tolerance test
What did they find:
- They found the people in the sleep deprived group required almost 3 times as much insulin to cause the same glucose to go into the cell
What does it mean:
- It means you can eat right, think right, and exercise your butt off, but if you aren’t sleeping well then you’re “peeing in the wind” as a previous blog post would suggest
- Make sure you get GOOD sleep. NO lights. Cool room. 8-10 hours of sleep per night. Try taking some natural calm or your other magnesium supplement of choice (NOT magnesium oxide…. that stuff is just stones and you’ll poop them out the same way)
- Your body secretes growth hormones and other sex hormones to aid in the repair of your body. It is CRUCIAL to great health AND!!!! it’s free! 🙂
Stay healthy Friends!
Dr. Adam Ball